Would you like to be our neighbor?
The City of Bridges and the home of Mr. Rogers (and zombies?!) would like to welcome Code4Lib 2020 to our beautiful neighborhood. Let’s ring in the next decade of library tech in the city Andrew Carnegie—the great champion of public libraries—called home.
While you’re here, come meet Dippy, our diplodocus dinosaur. Stop by the Warhol museum—the largest museum in North America dedicated to a single artist—and learn to silkscreen. Hang around for a few days after the conference and visit the Monroeville Mall to see the filming location for Dawn of the Dead. If zombies aren’t your thing, you can head out to Fallingwater to see Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural masterpiece.
If the weather is nice, we have over 2,983 acres of green space inside of city limits. Schenley Park is a quick 10-minute walk from the proposed conference location. Frick Park, which has over 600 acres, is only 2.5 miles away. You can also see how many of our 446 bridges you can manage to cross while you’re here.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out some of the awards Pittsburgh has won since 2016:
- Pittsburgh is the only U.S. city in the London issue of National Geographic Traveller’s cool cities to visit in 2019.
- Af&co, Restaurant & Hospitality Consultants, says Pittsburgh is the food city of the year for 2019.
- National Geographic listed Pittsburgh among 30 of the Best Cities in the United States based on unconventional metrics believed to lead to happiness, including: green spaces, galleries, coffee shops, breweries, music venues, "Instagrammable" moments, and more.
- Pittsburgh is considered in the Top 5 Budget Friendly Alternatives to a Big Apple Vacation according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Money ranked East Liberty & Lawrenceville (Pittsburgh, PA) no. 1 in the Top 10 Coolest Neighborhoods in America right now.
- Travel + Leisure says Pittsburgh is one of the best cities for architecture.
- On a list of different countries, states and cities, Pittsburgh was named America’s Most Underrated City, and was ranked number 4 out of the 17 best places to travel in 2017 by Harper’s BAZAAR.
- The city of Pittsburgh is ranked the 21st best US City to Spend a Weekend In by Thrillist Travel.
- Runners World ranks Pittsburgh in the top 50 best running cities.
- Redfin, along with the Beer Institute, named Pittsburgh the best city for beer lovers.
- According to Forbes.com, Pittsburgh is among the cities that give the most bang for your buck.
- Travel + Leisure readers voted Pittsburgh as one of their favorite U.S. cities.
- Amazon says Pittsburgh is the 8th most romantic city in the U.S.
- Named on Travel + Leisure's global and prestigious Best Places to Travel in 2016 list.